Wednesday 6 May 2009

What to wear?





This week a few people have asked me what they should wear to the wedding. To a few of them I have wanted to reply: "Oh are you coming? I haven't had your RSVP you see, so I wasn't quite sure if you'd be attending or not." But of course remonstrating your guests for not sending you a beautiful hand written RSVP isn't the done thing. So I bit my tongue.

The Sunday Times Style supplement this week had some novel suggestions - including a bright orange maxi dress and a crazy red pintuck tunic top (their fashion pages are clearly compiled by a half blind fashionista who has never been a bride - and is unlikely ever to be one if she's the sort to waste £290 on a bright orange maxi dress!)

I'm sure you have more taste than to don anything quite so monstrous and if you do please don't be offended if I stop mid aisle to point and laugh. Anyway - I don't mind at all what you wear - though anyone turning up in jeans or anything less than formal attire will be ducked in the moat.

Don't forget your hat - there will be a prize for the best one of course - or an bring a cardigan - Lyveden is notoriously windy.

xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin