Thursday 14 May 2009

The jewels



I have searched and searched for jewels. I have despaired at the fact that neither of my lovely grandmothers have any to bestow upon me, cursed the plethora of tatt that seems to fill the shops and have become positively enraged at some of the suggestions that have come my way (no diamante from Miss Selfridge will not do - honestly I ask you!)

I've finally settled on some lovely pearls, with just a bit of sparkle - I aim to keep them to give to my granddaughter on her wedding day. (Please note I'm speaking metaphorically here - I don't actually have grandchildren at the age of 29). I hope they meet with your approval (the pearls that is - not the grandchildren).

NB - apparently the neighbours heard me screeching like a fishwife at the cats last night - I'm sure I've shot up greatly in their estimation - ho hum!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin