Thursday 14 May 2009

A lovely gift




I was immensely cheered up yesterday by a thoughful gift from the lovely Miss Correa. A gorgeous copy of Miss Dahl's Voluptuous Delights sat smiling up at me on my desk when I returned from yet another press haul to London.

I returned the favour by bestowing on her a fetching sequin union jack pillow (al la Colin and Justin at Matalan) and a large navy handbag with a gold chain handle. I feel I came off rather better in the deal and Miss C thinks she did - so we're happy all round.

I spent last night reading all about Miss Dahl's foodie memories - made me quite nostalgic and just a little bit desperate for a slice of Victoria Sponge. However I was disturbed to read that her excess weight just "dropped off" without the need for endless hours at the gym or a numb bum from spinning class (more of which I will be enduring tonight).

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin