Friday 15 May 2009

In search of art







Our house is devoid of art - not through choice, but through sheer indecision and laziness. There always seems to be something else to buy.

However I think I have finally fallen in love with an artist. Robert Ryan and his paper cuts - you can see them here, here and at his shop in Columbia Road in London. I think they are simply gorgeous and touching.

Mr Ryan also designs book covers for one of my other great loves - Mr de Bernieres - did you know that my copy of Captain Corellis Mandolin was signed personally by him (it's one of my "things I'd save in a fire") and that he didn't think too much of the film either?

If anyone should want to buy me a present that I will treasure forever I'd suggest a visit to Mr Ryan.

xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin