Saturday 9 May 2009

My kind of game


Yesterday the Father of the Bride and I went to Lord's to watch a spot of cricket. Cricket is my kind of game. Any sport that encourages the drinking of pimms and enforces a break for lunch and another for afternoon tea is bound to have me hooked. We had a marvellous time - especially once the rain stopped and Mr Onions and Mr Swann started taking wicket after wicket - hurrah.

To the gentleman who was rude enough to tell us that we looked more like we were dressed for a day walking in the Lake District than a day watching cricket - I would like to say (on behalf of the other 50 per cent of the crowd wearing waterproof jackets to keep out the biting wind and precipitation) - at least I'm warm and dry. I'd also like to add that Ralph Lauren is sooooo 1995, your trousers are too short, your shoes need cleaning and that we all prefer the Peaks to the lakes.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin