Monday 27 April 2009

Suits, rings and things

Today I took the groomsmen for their suit fitting. The best man and one of the ushers are now on my "List of people to ridicule for their inept-ness". Our appointment was at 10am - they arrived 25 minutes late - much to my disgust and consternation. Apparently getting the wheels balanced on the car was far more important than being on time.

The Mother of the Bride had words and warned them that I wasn't to be crossed when it comes to anything wedding related. I also pointed out that a repeat performance of such behaviour would be dealt with with the help of some garden shears and a particular part of their anatomy. I feel they were suitably redressed and fingers crossed will be on time for anything else "wedding" in future.

Mr Jones and I also sorted out the wedding rings - neither of which are yellow gold with purple stones - so it seems my dream was unfounded. However given the demonstation of unreliability on the best man's part, I shall be giving the rings to someone far more trustworthy on the wedding day and they'll be put into his sweaty palms just minutes before I walk down the aisle.

The mother and father of the bride made a miraculous discovery at Tesco - three bottles of £9.99 Sauvignon Blanc for £9.99 - yes you read that right - and with their five per cent off when you buy six bottles or more that makes quite a saving. Prepare to drink Sauv at the wedding. Who needs a booze cruise when you can pop to Tesco. (Unfortunately if you live in the Camrbridge or Peterborough areas you won't be able to take advantage of this offer - because we've cleared them out - Sorry about that!)

1 comment:

Sue ~ Granny's World said...

and very nice it was too ..... hic! well we had to try it didn't we?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin