Tuesday 14 April 2009

Can we talk about something else?



I often wonder what people talked to me about before I got engaged? Perhaps it was those endless discussions about why on earth after seven years together Mr Jones still hadn't proposed? But ever since April 25th last year the main topic of conversation has been "the wedding".

I never thought I'd say it, but I'm well and truly bored of discussing it. Me - the girl who couldn't wait to be a bride, who loves to organise and arrange, who revels in being the hostess - yes me - the wedding fanatic is thoroughly wedding'd out.

So, if you see me in the next day or two please don't ask me how the plans are coming along, how many RSVPs I've had (not enough!), whether I've made my final floral decisions, if the mother of the bride has found her shoes yet (no), whether Mr Jones has tried his suit on yet (no!) or if the cats will be coming to the wedding (no, no, no)? If you do I may a) weep bitterly on you for several hours, or b) scratch your eyes out.

Let's talk about something else - the weather, or what we had for tea, what we're doing at the weekend or whether or not the FIA are indeed sleeping with the entire Ferrai F1 team?

Thank you so very much xoxo

PS - I'm sure this is just a phase and I'll be boring you with details again very soon! Oooh did I tell you I saw a rather fetching floral Laura Ashley umbrella today?

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin