Monday 27 April 2009

My last birthday as Miss Speechley....

...Yesterday I was 29 - and it was my very last birthday as a Miss and the beginning of the final year of my twenties. Quite a weird thought. Next year not only will I be Mrs Jones, I'll be 30 too - now that does all seem a bit too grown up. I pointed this out to the Mother of the Bride who assured me that when I have a daughter who is getting married and turning 30, I'd be entitled to complain - until then I should suck it up and be thankful I'm not over 50 (not that she is of course - what are you Mum - about 43?)

Mr Jones did a very good assembly job on the ingredients I'd bought for my own breakfast-in-bed the day before and presented me with yogurt, fruit compote and granola (all in separate bowls - he was worried about proportions apparently) and some orange juice. It was lovely - and I only had to ask him twice to go and get it!

I opened my presents - lots of lovely goodies for the honeymoon, some of which are too big for the newly slim me (hurrah - 9st 13 on the old scales this morning - can't remember the last time I was 9st anything!), so I'll have to return them for a smaller size, hooray.

I went to the gym and when I swiped my card it played happy birthday to me - most embarrassing - but luckily only myself and Mrs Silva Medd were in reception at the time.

Having burned sufficient calories we went to the Tobie Norris for a long awaited pizza - which was delicious. All in all a good day. Thanks to all who made it special.

1 comment:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin