Friday 6 March 2009

To love, honour and mock...

I have just spent the last hour re-typing an article that I'd spent all afternoon writing. You see, technology, yet again, got the better of me.

I'd emailed said article to myself from the office, opened it and had been merrily adding to it post lunch. I clicked save and went to email it back to the office and it wasn't there. I had inadvertently saved it to the ether. (I can't tell you how many of my articles are floating in the ether - you see this isn't the first time this has happened - if you ever come across any please let me know).

In a panic I called Mr Jones - who by profession is most definitely not techincally inept. I regaled him with my woes hoping that he would ride in on a vitual charger and rescue me. But no - his reaction: "You're such a dumbass!"

A terse exchange ensued for 10 minutes, during which I demanded that he make my copy magically reappear. But alas - with the word "dumbass" ringing in my ears - I have spent the last hour retyping my carefully phrased prose.

*A plea to Microsoft -please put some sort of check in place that will stop the ether being clogged with my work.
*Memo to self - always click save as!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin