Wednesday 25 March 2009

My day was made

Last night I went for my Tuesday night torture session at the gym. There are aerobics steps involved, a lot of jumping and the need for some semblance of hand eye co-ordination, of which I possess very little.

However my stepping prowess has come a long way since my first class during which I laughed a lot to cover my embarrassment at doing almost everything out of time and in the wrong direction. I was encouraged heartily by a very lovely chap who reassured me that in a few weeks I'd get it and wouldn't look like such an idiot.

Last night said gentleman made his way over to my step before the sweating and jumping started and asked me: "Are you training for something?"

"Oh no," I replied, guffawing at the thought. "I'm trying to get fit for my wedding in August"

"Well, whatever you're doing is clearly working, because you look fantastic," said he."You must be working really hard."

I practically leapt off my step and kissed him there and then. Especially given the fact that the lycra clad old bat on the step in front of me clearly seemed a bit miffed to have not garnered such a compliment herself. She turned her snarl into a smile and said - "Nice chat up line, Barry." Oh dear - lycra and jealousy clearly don't mix.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin