Thursday 5 March 2009

And they say romance is dead

Mr Jones came through the door after another long day at work with the words:

"I bought you a present!"

Images of artfully arranged bouquets, packages from Boden or a much missed bag of Woolies fizzy bootlaces filled my head.

"Oh really - what is it" say I in excited anticipation.

"Chocolates" says Mr Jones proudly.

I wipe the look of disappointment of my face and smile gratefully. All the while thinking "Chocolates, I don't even like chocolates. I'm supposed to be on a diet and you buy me chocolates! How many hints does a girl have to give - flowers dammit, or Cath Kidston handbags."

"Yeah - I ate one in the car though - sorry" he says. "Oh and I didn't really buy them, they guy I was meeting gave us a whole box of them, he works at the Thorton's factory. They're nice ones though. Thought you might like them."

Bless him - at least he tries.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

You still ate enough of them!!!

Mrs Jones said...

I had four! Over two nights! Love you xx

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin