Monday 30 March 2009

The fitting

Despite the fact that it's still a toile (that's dressmaker speak for a version of a frock made out of calico) I love my dress. It had to be adjusted a tad to fit the newly shaped me, hurrah, and it looked lovely.

All hail the new wedding bra - I might have had a brief moment of cardiac discomfort at the till (it cost more than my shoes!), but I will admit that it's worth the money. It held my Jane Mansfield's firmly in place under the frock and I felt all adrift when I took it off and replaced it with my £12 M&S special. Oh to have an excuse and the budget to buy expensive fripperies for everyday wear.

Miss Lamb (dressmaker) did put the wind up me slightly by saying I couldn't really lose much more weight. The frock will now be cut out of the silk, which apparently, makes vast alterations more tricky and only certain seams can be adjusted. But I am allowed to lose weight from the sides and the back - hmmm - I shall have to shrink the stomach sideways then - any ideas how?

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin