Monday 23 March 2009

Our second wedding present

Mr Jones and I are in possession of a very lovely house - and after six months of hard graft it should damn well be lovely. However, we also possess a garden that looks like a a rubble pit with a few patches of worn out grass and a delapidated shed.

During the recent balmy weather I have been gazing mournfully out of the French doors beside my desk, envisioning a lovely garden adorned with roses, hydrangeas, herbs and vegetables and with a lovely place for me to sit and enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner alfresco. But alas - weddings these days are rather pricey and the garden budget has long since been eaten up by hog roasts, frocks and honeymoons.

On Saturday morning at 8.22am (precisely) my phone rang. After reassuring me that there was no crisis and no one had died (my first thoughts whenever anyone calls early in the morning - I don't know why) - father of the bride said that he and mother of the bride had been talking and had decided that they would give us our wedding present early. Lovely Mummy and Daddy have very, very kindly offered to pay for the garden overhaul.

It made my day - and Mr Jones' - I think he was getting a bit sick of the whinging every time the sun shone. So we now have something to keep us occupied until the wedding. And rest assured you'll all be invited to the grand unveiling - the elegant garden party in which we can use our very first wedding present. I must say I do like this present lark.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin