Sunday 8 February 2009

Kir Royale and rather a lot of wine

Last night Mr and Mrs Birkett-Smith came to stay. Some how we managed to drink three bottles of champagne and two bottles of wine. We feasted on Mr Oliver's slow cooked pork - which turned out to be rather delicious even if I do say so myself. Surprisingly none of us suffered for our gluttony this morning. Though I suppose if you've consumed half a pig the alcohol gets pretty much absorbed.

A good time was had by all - although we were rather shocked at Mrs B-S's revelation that she's rather partial to Gary Barlow! She assures me that he's now rather toned and not at all dumpy - but I have to say that as much as I love Take That - and I do - I have to close my eyes whenever Gary appears on screen. You see he reminds me very much of a rather irritating ex-boyfriend. If anyone else would like to declare their undying love for Mr Barlow - do feel free - just not in my presence.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin