Friday 13 February 2009

I'm in the wrong trade....

....clearly! This week I have been in conversation with a very nice gentleman regarding entertainment for the wedding. I have a very tragic desire for a certain song to be played on a saxophone as I walk up the aisle. Saxophonists are clearly a breed with hermit like tendancies, because finding one is proving just a touch tricky.

Anyway - this week I lucked upon a possible source of saxophonists only to find that the one in question wants £800 - that's £800 to come to my wedding and play ONE song!! Good God!

I am adding him to my list of wedding ridiculousness which currently features:
The catering company who wanted £10K for a BBQ
The vintage crockery hire place who think borrowing their plates for the day merits £1,600,
and Belvoir Castle who wanted £15K just for the privilege of holding the wedding in their grounds - that does not include anything else - no food, no marquee, nothing - that's how much they charge for you to set foot in their castle in your bridal best.

Shocking!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin