Monday 16 February 2009

Bye bye Miss S


Apparently, according to Radio 4, come 21st August I should kiss goodbye to my identity. Once my Dad passes my hand to Mr Jones I will become his possession and will be forced to endure domestic drudgery, baby making and other such pleasures endured by a 50s housewife. Marriage is, according to the authorities at the Beeb a kiss of death to feminism and has no meaning in the modern world. It's in decline and therefore out-of-date.....
There was a rant here about how I could be feminist and a wife at the same time (and I still believe I can) and that marriage is more than just ownership - however on further reflection I have decided not to give Radio 4 the satisfaction of knowing that they riled me and sentenced said rant to obscurity. Sorry if you missed its short foray in this world.
All I shall say in its place is that I'm very much looking forward to being a thoroughly modern wife who is perfectly capable of combining a career with picking up after her husband. As long as, that is, he can combine a career with indulging my Boden habit while I bear his children!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin