Thursday 20 August 2009

Sick as a dog

Aside from the famed cough, when I get excited/nervous I get a frequent and uncontrollable urge to throw up. I have no idea why. So today I feel very, very sick.

I'm not nervous that Mr Jones won't turn up - oh no - after all we're going to the registry office today - together - to do the legal bit. So after signing all the paper work and making it official today, it would be pretty pointless if he didn't turn up tomorrow for our "proper" wedding.

However I am slightly nervous that everything that has been in my head for the past 18 months (29 years!) won't all come together at once, or that I've forgotten to do something vital, or that my sleep deprived face will show through even Mrs Green's most masterful make-up efforts. Or perhaps my worst fear - that the predicted scattered showers will decide to scatter themselves over lyveden at precisly 4pm tomorrow afternoon.

So a quick reminder to all our guests - I am determined to have this ceremony outside - so unless there is an utter downpour it will be in the glorious open. Bring wellies, big umbrellas and prepare to run for cover if the heavens open. Hopefully if we're thus prepared the sun will shine.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin