Sunday 16 August 2009

Busy, busy, busy

I completely forgot to take pictures of my baking efforts, but fear not there will be more this week. For the first time ever my ginger fudge went completely wrong - and I have neither the time nor the patience (nor the pennies) for make another batch. But never mind there will be plenty of other things to eat.

The charity fete went well - though it wasn't as busy as last year - perhaps the credit crunch is making people less generous? I'm not sure if I've made a grave error and tempted fate a little too much. You see there was a newspaper man there to take the obligatory picture for the local paper (for local people don't you know) and when he asked my name Mr Jones and I said "Rebecca Jones". Was that wrong - the paper comes out on Wednesday?

Today we have made table plans (no easy task especially when people keep changing their minds about whether they're coming or not!), we have filled bags, cut out fabric (I have a bruised index finger on my right hand) and ticked lots of things off the to-do list.

On thing that I managed to achieve that was most definitely not on the to-do list was to scrape the bumper of a rather nice BMW parked outside our house. (It was only a matter of time - and in my defence my parallel parking efforts were under pressure from a very impatient person sitting right up my proverbial). I cried a lot, shouted at Mr Jones (he was just there) and I've left an apologetic note to the owner, but as yet I haven't been hunted down. I do hope they won't be too cross - but you know what they say about BMW drivers.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin