Friday 21 August 2009

I'm getting married today!

Hurrah - it's finally here (hear sigh of relief from everyone involved). Today I am getting married to Mr Jones. Of course I became Mrs Jones legally yesterday - and I will admit that I found the old registry office bit more moving than I thought I would. We smiled a lot.

But today is our proper wedding - the one that will make Mr Jones and I truly husband and wife. The weather is still keeping me in a constant state of nervous tension - although the Beeb reckon that at 4pm Lyveden will be bathed in sun (well Corby anyway - and that's near enough - fingers crossed).

Yesterday I had a bridezilla moment about the wine glasses which I think shocked the Mother in Law. But honestly they looked like they would have felt more at home in a bowls club cheese and wine night circa 1985. Luckily the maid of honour was on the phone and remedied the situation professionally while I stalked about fuming and ranting - "See - this is what happens when you delegate - I should have just ordered them myself".

The mother in law left shortly afterwards clearly thinking that her son is marrying some kind of controlling harridan. To be fair I probably didn't help the situtaion because I got a bit obsessed about table cloths and the precise way to fold a napkin - oh well - it's my wedding and I want it done properly.

This morning we are making scones - I apologise to the mother of the bride and the maid of honour for my mood swings and for the fact that I just accused my mother of trying to damage the beloved Kitchenaid - when actually it turns out she was just trying to move it! I'm sure my mental stability will return at some point this morning.

Can't wait to see you all later!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin