Friday 7 August 2009

In two weeks time..

...I will have been married for about 30 minutes. Well actually I will have been legally married for about 30 hours. For those of you who don't know it's not legal to get married outside in the UK - and Mr Jones and I will be getting married outside.

So on Thursday 20th at 11am we'll be heading to the registry office to do "the legal bit". No pomp and ceremony, just us and our immediate family going to sign the documents. We're not exchanging rings or saying vows there - we're saving all of that for our very personal humanist ceremony outside at beautiful Lyveden the next day. (Start your sun dance now please)

All this means that every year Mr Jones has two attempts at remembering one of our wedding anniversaries. I did try to make a case for two lots of presents - but he was having none of it.

I can't believe how close it is - and as stressful and manic as it's been I think I shall miss all the planning. But I have two weeks left to make the most of it and I really can't wait for the day!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin