Wednesday 5 August 2009

A need to clean...

Yesterday I was talking to another bride-to-be, who gets married this Saturday in fact, and we both confessed to an urge to clean. I am desperate to dejunk under the bed and tidy up my kitchen draws, the other bride wants to weed her wardrobe and spent yesterdays lunch break doing a charity shop run.

I told Mr Jones about my sudden penchant for furniture polish and he just rolled his eyes: "don't you have enough to do?". Clearly yes I do, but I just can't help it. Maybe it's a living metaphor, a kind of packing up Miss Speechley so that Mrs Jones can come home from her honeymoon to a clutter free house. Very odd I know. Either that or I'm worried that whoever feeds the cats while we're away will discover the shameful state of the space under my bed and I will be forever cast as the girl who sleeps above a mini waste pit.

Anyway, a mid baking, sweet making, sewing and making ever changing table plans I will be sorting. chucking, weeding, dusting and polishing - I may even clean the car.

1 comment:

Sue ~ Granny's World said...

now surely the car is a step too far!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin