Sunday 19 July 2009

The Maid of Honour Does Mexico


Have I told you that my dearest sister has chosen to depart for Mexico and will not return until the Sunday before the wedding? "Lucky girl, a marvellous opportunity, good on her" you may be thinking - however you don't know my sister, nor her friend Gemma, with whom she is travelling. If you did you might be able to understand why I shall spend the next month feeling slightly sick with terror.

You see whenever this hapless pair going travelling together they take their exploration of the local culture to extremes and invariably it involves a trip to one hospital or other. They have been searched at airports, skinned their legs, picked up infection after infection, endured horrific food poisoning and generally end up in a complete state where ever they go (usually due to vast quantities of gin!)

They have arrived in "safely" in Mexico - less one stuffed monkey, a travel pillow and all food eaten in the last 24hrs. I packed her off with a first aid kit containing every remedy I could think of and gave her a warning that any damage inflicted on her person must reside within the bounds of her bridesmaid dress. There was discussion of a permanent pen line to marks the limits but we decided against it.

I do hope she has a marvellous time, but I hope more that she takes care and comes back safe and sound - and preferably not too brown.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin