Wednesday 8 July 2009

The Good Life


Mr Jones and I are attempting to grow our own veg - it's going rather well. I have visions of us quitting our jobs, doing up houses and living off the land. I shall wear a floral pinny and a pair of Joules wellies and Mr Jones will don a flat cap and a chunky aran jumper.

On Monday night we indulged ourselves with the first courgette pickings. I got all posh in the kitchen and did stuffed courgette flowers a la Mr Oliver. I wanted to share pictures with you but the camera shut down in protest because it clearly wanted to eat what were the most deliciously fresh, gorgeous and perfectly stuffed courgette flowers ever. And we were too desperate to eat them to faff about fixing it. Next time we'll take pics.

After this "grow your own" success we are much looking forward to starting married life with some home grown toms, runner beans, carrots and Kale (if I win my battle with the cabbage whites). In the autumn I plan on planting fruit trees and making elderberry wine. Mr Whittingstall eat your heart out.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin