Monday 8 June 2009

Starting to get excited

Despite my best efforts, as yet I've found it a bit hard to get excited about the wedding. Anxious yes, stressed yes, panicked yes - but excited no. I think this possibly stems from the fact that I still don't really believe it's going to happen.

After eight (long) years of waiting, I haven't quite come to terms with the fact that Mr Jones has asked me to marry him. So I'm still waiting for someone to turn round, pull the rug out from under me and go "ha ha ha - this is all a big joke - isn't it funny" (just for the record - it really wouldn't be!).

However - this weekend I did get a bit of the fluttery stomach and tingling back that usually come hand in hand with excitement. It was the hair and make-up that did it - it looked amazing and I actually felt like a bride for the first time. I'd love to share the pictures with you - but the matron of honour has utterly forbidden me from sharing, so that it can be a surprise.

Happily I look neither like Julia Roberts in Steal Magnolias or a Conehead - hurrah.

1 comment:

Sue ~ Granny's World said...

I've seen the pictures and it does look lovely. You will all just have to wait and see

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin