Friday 5 June 2009

Hair trials and tribulations

Tomorrow I have my hair trial and I am slightly terrified. Given that my hair and make-up stylist is a good friend and colleague I shouldn't be scared at all, but when you've had a history of hair disasters like mine, you probably would be too.

The horror of the misguided perm at 13 was only added to by the updo I chose for my prom. I wanted Julia Roberts from Steal Magnolias



What I got was an enormous bouffant which made me look like something out of the film Coneheads with a few curly tendrils. I spent the whole night trying to squish down the offending bulge - but alas, half a can of elnett meant it stayed in place all night.

Since then I've avoided all thought of an updo and I was planning to have my hair down ala Mrs Costner:



but that idea has been poo poo'd by friends, make-up artists and dress designers alike. So an updo it is. Fingers crossed I don't look like some 1980s horror or something from Arthurian Legend.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin