Thursday 29 January 2009

I am alive.....

....just.

I have been a bit quiet for the last couple of days because I was struck down with the dreaded norovirus. I won't go into the details - which were very gory and quite vile. But I will tell you that I - the foodie queen who loves nothing more than eating - haven't had a proper meal since Sunday! (I don't consider a slice of toast on Monday morning a meal and the soup for lunch was probably the start of all the disgustingness!0

Mr Jones has tried to tempt me with various morsels and on Monday went to the supermarket three times in an effort to find some satisfactory form of nourishment - bless him - he's a good boy. BUT - the only things I have managed to keep down in the past three days have been - brace yourselves - Birds Eye Potato Waffles and Calypos! Oh the shame - I am quite disgusted with myself. My freezer now contains potato waffles and an artic roll (I had a brief craving - which I haven't manage to indulge as yet).

The mother-in-law-to-be very kindly brought me a beloved Spanish Omelette yesterday which I ate with gusto willing it to have restorative powers. But it sat, undigested in my poorly stomach for about five hours, before showing it's now very ugly face again when Mr Jones cooked himself some dinner.

Today I am feeling much better. I have had two waffles for breakfast and so far they seem to be sitting nicely. I was going to push the boat out with some beans - but the smell of them cooking put me off. So we shall see - hopefully my palette and stomach can be swiftly re-educated so I can steer clear of the frozen food aisle.

The bonus of the horror that was the last three days is that I have lost 6lbs - whooo hooo. Although even with my desire to be thin, the end certainly did not justify the means.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin