Friday 27 November 2009

Sick leave

The rash has gone and the sickness has returned - in full scale horror proportions. Luckily given my current slovenly nature I hadn't gotten around to empty the bedroom bin so I dug out the discarded anti-sickness tablets at 1am on Thursday morning in the hopes of retaining at least some of my innards.

The doctor looked at me with a "bugger - I thought we'd fixed you" expression when I presented myself in his surgery for what must be the fiftieth time in the last month. He threatened hospital, I said I'd take the tablets and risk Mick making a come back. He signed me off work for two weeks. Some might rejoice at this break - I live in fear that I might actually start to enjoy watching Bargain Hunt and Homes Under The Hammer. Oh the horror.

Today Mummy is coming to be my nurse and save me from daytime tv hell. Mr Jones returns tonight - hurrah! Baby Jones better be growing big and strong in there for all this trouble.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin