Monday 19 April 2010

Babies, babies everywhere...

....but not mine quite yet. Mine is still wriggling about in my stomach, turning my feet a weird shade of purple and making me jolly hot. I won't tell you what I'm wearing as I write this - but it's not much and I hope the window cleaner doesn't pop round!

Other babies though are starting to make their way into the world. Mr Jones and I have been going to NCT classes - if you're pregnant sign up now - they are brilliant, hilarious and very reassuring. And they're a fantastic way to meet other couples who are expecting their first baby. There's nothing quite like discussing the contents of a newborn's nappy, practising labour positions or learning about the "purple line" (google it if you want to know more!) to bond a group of seven couples.

The girls meet at least weekly for cake or lunch and the boys have managed a curry night. It's all very handy because we can talk about baby stuff without the fear of boring people who truly couldn't give a monkeys about the whole thing. And so far two of our NCT babies have been born. First came little Daisy Mae four weeks early and then two weeks later out popped Noah - making us all very jealous. One of each so far - prompting much discussion about which bumps are boys and which are girls. Mr Jones' cousin Anna has also had her baby Elia a few days early too - another healthy baby girl.

I'm the very last due date and I still have 7 weeks to go. The others are all very nearly there and we're all popping the raspberry leaf tea capsules, hoping for an easy birth and wishing hard that we don't go overdue.

All being well Baby J should weigh about 4lbs now - which is good because I've finally started to steadily gain weight. Perhaps the most disturbing thing about all this is that at almost 8 months pregnant I weigh the same as I did before I started losing weight for the wedding - who knew I was that fat?

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin