Tuesday 31 May 2011

An ode to the Blackberry

The beloved Blackberry is no more - it came to a sticky end amid a hefty dose of Ariel Stain Removal Gel (which consequently does a marvellous job on whites - especially those that have been worn by small boys who like, dirt, blueberries, bananas, raspberries and cheesy, tomatoey things). It does not however do a very good job of Blackberries. I think perhaps running it under the tap wasn't the most sensible of things either, but hey ho. It made a jolly good attempt at working again after a couple of days in the airing cupboard, but alas the screen was all cloudy and it kept trying to call people when I was trying to look at twitter.

So now I have one of those swish new android jobbies. I'm not cool enough for an i-phone so I have the cheap-o eqivalent. It's all rather marvellous. Mr Jones is a bit jealous. I don't have a clue how to use it. It rang earlier and despite great effort I was completely unable to answer it, much to the amusement/chargrin of all the other people in the hospital waiting room. (I'd taken the boy for a routine eye check up - all fine - in fact he could see things I couldn't). Still I'm sure I'll learn how it works in due course - in the meantime I shall perhaps be a bit slow at replying to texts and who knows whether I'll be able to answer if you call me - but I will try.

Apparently the local tote is running a book on how long it will take the boy to smash the lovely shiney screen - odds at 3/1 for the end of the week.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin