Monday 15 March 2010

Come Dine With Me - Episodes 4 and 5 dinners with Mr Jones and Mrs Medd

I've just realised that I forgot to tell you all about the latest Come Dine With Me installments. Two weeks ago we were treated to Dinner a la Mr Jones. Obviously this is something I enjoy regularly - especially at the moment because I am pregnant and therefore very lazy in the kitchen! But although I'm used to his cooking it was lovely to be treated to three courses and cocktails (non-alcoholic for me of course). We tucked into roasted peppers on sour dough toast, steak with cannelini beans and homemade banoffee pie. The boys washed it all down with enough mojitos to consume a bottle of rum and three bottles of wine! Mr Jones was sick and Mr Medd couldn't remember who his wife was.

This weekend was Mrs Medd's turn - we were spoilt with a delicious starter of caramelised onion and goat's cheese tart, followed by a Portugese salt cod bake and a chocolate brownie raspberry cheesecake for pudding. The portions were so so generous that we were sent home with copious amounts of left over dessert - yum. The boys managed to just get slightly tipsy this time, which meant harmony in all households the following day.

There's just one more dinner party to go before the scores are revealed - this should be amusing given the drunkness of the male contingent at pretty much every party and the inability of the girls to work the video camera.

In other news - a man came today to look at our oven, which is broken. He's coming back in a week to fit the required part. In the meantime he very kindly showed me how to remove the door of the oven to make cleaning it easier and suggested that I put the shevles in a big bucket with some washing powder. I tried my best to look appreciative and not to smack him across the back of the head with said oven shelf - cheeky git.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin