Wednesday 16 September 2009

The details

I will resume with the honeymoon tales at some point - once I've had time to sift through the pics of lions, giraffes and Kudu. But I thought I might share a few wedding details with those of you who sadly couldn't make it. These pictures are courtesy of the lovely Miss P - we are still awaiting for the proper professional ones - but I have to say that I think these are rather fabulous.

I wanted our wedding to be very personal, not just a generic "wedding" the same as everyone else's. It was a lot of work, but it was completely worth it. I couldn't have done it without the help of my family and the patience and indulgence of Mr Jones - who was happy to let me run with my dreams - so thank you all.


The theme was country village fete - the bunting was hand made by the mother of the bride and the maid of honour.


The table cloths were made by me. The sweetie jar table centres were Mr Jones'idea.


The gallery of pictures was the work of me and Mr Jones.


The scones were baked on the morning of the wedding and served with jam I made myself - there were fresh strawberries too.





There were fete games to keep our guests entertained - some made by Mr Jones (I was very impressed by the pink ladder he made for the bean bag toss - not pictured. I made the bean bags - all different weights which apparently made it extra tricky - ooops). The signs were handmade by me and the very skilled maid of honour (based on her design for my hen do sash) - you should see her with an iron and some wonderweb!





It was all topped off with flowers by Miss Pickering.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin