In the battle of Mrs Jones-to-Be vs The Cabbage Whites I have had to admit defeat. Despite the help of a highly trained (though less than dedicated) butterfly assasin (Miss Penny) yesterday at 14.00hrs I laid to rest the kale bed.
The veg patch has been somewhat neglected this past week thanks to rain and wedding prepartions, so I was slightly shocked to discover that the once lush, perfectly curled emerald leaves of my kale were looking just a touch lacy and were teaming with hundreds (I exaggerate not) of caterpillas in various sizes - it was quite disgusting.
Unfortunately one of the courgette plants was caught in the cross fire, so that had to go too. But on a lighter not there was some encouraging tomato related news. Cowering beneath the decimated kale were some nice fat, juice red ones, completely caterpilla free - hurrah. I plan to do something inventive with them for my lunch.
A Pink Wedding Gown Inspired This Colorful Tented Georgia Wedding
-
A pink wedding gown was only the beginning. Liddy and George married at the
McDonough church she grew up in, then brought everyone home to her family
prope...
19 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment